We are one of the leading tech-driven media and entertainment companies, producing uplifting content in 17 languages for people of all ages. Known for award-winning art and pop culture magazine boredpanda.com and TOP DIY channel Crafty Panda, we fight the world's boredom at an unprecedented speed: 160 million site views per month and 62 billion video views per year. Our team comprises over 600 creative individuals who work from 42 different countries and 7 offices, located in Vilnius, Lithuania.
We are excited to announce that we are currently looking for a News Editor to join our team in the new Breaking News department. Prepare to work for a leading publisher of uplifting stories that cure boredom all over the world!
What you will do:
- Work with a team of in-house and remote content creators and journalists,
- Compete against the world’s top publishers to be the first to cover breaking news;
- Review all content to ensure it meets high standards of quality and engagement;
- Optimize content strategy according to data to maximize views per article;
- Research various topics to identify trends, emerging issues, and unique angles for articles, determine which topics should be covered
- Create and generate fresh, engaging, and attention-grabbing article ideas. This includes coming up with compelling headlines and angles.
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or another related field;
- Native-level English skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills: excellent writing and editing skills to craft high-quality articles and ensure they are free of grammatical errors, typos, and inconsistencies.
- Newsroom experience as editor, copy editor, reporter, managing editor or similar roles;
- Experience in finding and breaking exclusive stories would be an advantage.
- Current affairs knowledge: staying up-to-date with world events, entertainment news, and relevant trends. The candidate must have a deep understanding of current affairs to identify relevant topics for articles.
- Time management skills: given the fast-paced nature of news and online content, the editor should be able to manage time effectively, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks.
What we offer:
- Health insurance;
- Career opportunities (Bored Panda is growing day by day, and with it – endless possibilities);
- Young, creative, friendly team and work in a dynamic atmosphere;
- Team-building budget and events;
- Animal-friendly office;
- Chillax zone - foosball, table tennis, Play-station, etc.
Total compensation 2400 - 4100 eur / gross (fixed and variable parts, depending on results)
If you meet these requirements, we are waiting for your application!
Selected candidates will be required to complete a test task.